Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Bad

I posted to the blog and walked away to enjoy watching the Hummingbirds feed and it occurred to me that I totally forgot to mention Skip in my entry. OUCH. Without Skip we wouldn’t even have a relationship with Maranatha. Skip stayed behind in Accra with Keith from the UK while we went into the bush. They worked tirelessly on policies and procedures and training with the micro bank. I’m sure the experience will lead him to finance an “Office Depot” in Ghana. He never dreamed how difficult it would be to get something as simple as a printer cartridge. I can just see the women now walking down the street with reams of paper and office supplies atop their heads as everything else is sold in Ghana.

I also got to see another side of Skip that I didn’t know when he preached at the Maranatha Church in Teshie. Just another one of those things that you find out about someone while on a mission trip. Their love of Christ. Thank you Skip for being my non snoring room mate at the guest house and my brother in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment